• The start of an exciting new project: the recording of the complete piano works by Fauré, played by François Dumont on period instruments!
• Composed over an exceptionally long period of 46 years, Fauré’s Nocturnes form a body of work that strikes by its depth, poetry and beauty. It offers a significant panorama of the stylistic evolution of the composer, beginning with the spontaneity of the first Nocturnes and extending towards the complexity of the last ones.
• With Fauré, the genre Nocturne, which started off as a rather dreamy, brief work, moves into a larger frame of considerable emotional depth, gradually changing its improvisatory nature into a meditation on eternity.
• François Dumont is one of the foremost French pianists of his generation. A prize winner of famous competitions like the Chopin Competition and the Queen Elizabeth Competition he enjoys an active international career. His recent recording of Chopin’s Nocturnes was praised by American magazine Fanfare: "There are few recent recordings to compare with this one."
• François Dumont plays a magnificent Gaveau piano from 1922. He recorded for Piano Classics the Complete Piano Works by Ravel and a CD with Wagner/Liszt transcriptions.